Remember that the Paleo Challenge starts on Feb. 4th! There will be a pre-challenge meeting on Saturday Jan. 26th @ 11am. We will cover the format, guidelines, cooking & food tips, and answer any & all questions. (Entry fee will be $15)
Hope to see you there!!!
QUOTE OF THE DAY...
“CrossFit is in large part derived from several simple observations garnered through hanging out with athletes for thirty years and willingness, if not eagerness, to experiment coupled with a total disregard for conventional wisdom. Let me share some of the more formative of these observations:
- Gymnasts learn new sports faster than other athletes.
- Olympic lifters can apply more useful power to more activities than other
- Powerlifters are stronger than other athletes.
- Sprinters can match the cardiovascular performance of endurance athlete even
at extended efforts.
- Endurance athletes are woefully lacking in total physical capacity.
- With high carb diets you either get fat or weak.
- Bodybuilders can’t punch, jump, run, or throw like athletes can.
- Segmenting training efforts delivers a segmented capacity.
- Optimizing physical capacity requires training at unsustainable
GREG GLASSMAN - Founder/CEO of CrossFit
-[WORKOUT OF THE DAY]-
...partner up with barbells, if necessary...
5 x Pendlay Row...HEAVY as possible
(front, side, side, reverse)
10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1
Power Cleans @ 135#/95#
1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10
Burpees over the Bar